Hey beauties! Last month Walgreens was having a buy one get one 50 percent off sale and I had coupons so I couldn't say no. This is what I got...
It’s the winter time which means dry skin dry skin. Lately I have been doing my makeup when I get on campus and face would be dry for the maybe 10 or 15 minutes I have been outside since I washed and moisturized my face. So I finally purchased Maybelline’s Dream Fresh BB cream to apply to my face when I get to campus (You are actually suppose to apply this before you leave your house) and my face feels smoother, lighter and less oily then when I used other moisturizers. Of course, its darker then my actual complexion but you can’t tell that is once I rub it in. I was hoping that the bb cream would help correct redness because I have a major issue with that. It kind of helps with it which is exciting because I can get a moisturizer, sunscreen and redness corrector all in one for I think $10 instead of me buying a primer from smashbox or makeup forever for about $30. By 5 my face was oily! It looked like I moisturized my face with Crisco, this was day one but day 2 when I got home from work at 10 my face wasn’t oily AT ALL which is weird. Maybe my skin had to get use to this new product.
I am really new to blushes I didn’t think I would ever wear blush but after trying the bh cosmetics professional blush palette I decided that I would continue to try blushes.
I really wanted to try the Glaze Sticks something NEW from Maybelline and I adore these! I only got two I think I will get the other three the next time I go.
If you are new to blushes I would recommend just pinched pink. When you apply it looks very light it’s noticeable but not dramatic, it’s very soft and neutral. It gives you a glow sometimes if it’s more of a shine then a glow I will use a powder blush to set it a little and it knocks that shine out. This I am definitely buying again I do recommend it and it’s already a favorite of mine.
I also got which is too light for a blush for my complexion but can be used as a highlighter I love it because it is sooooo shimmery and when I used it as a highlighter underneath my eyes I got a lot complements on my makeup that day. I wasn't to sure about continuing to use it as a highlight but obviously it wasn't to bad!
L'Oreal Voluminous butterfly mascara:
This Mascara is life!
- To me it's better than Benefit Cosmetics they're real. It works the same but is a few dollars cheaper.
- Clump free
- All you need is one good coat sometimes two and you are fine.
- Long lasting, no need for a reapplication
- A MUST HAVE
L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes review can be found in my Top 10 products under $10 (click here)
Plush Plum from the L'Oreal
It should be called Plush Plum Perfection because it is amazing!
- It applies smoothly
- It's dark but not too dark so it will look good on any complexion
- It has a nice shine not to glossy looking it's just right for a soft shine.
- Great for fall (I'm going to wear it year round)
- It moisturizes your lips so your lips as soft as an application of blistex
Most of the time I always but on chapstick before I apply any lip product to prevent my lips from looking awful and chappy. Thank the lipstick experts for this lip balm because I don't have to apply any chapstick it gets the work done. I do suggest this one only. I tried a lot more of the lip balms and I was not impressed that's another post.
Maybeline's Summer Sunset Is amazing
- It's neutral
- Goes well with my skin
- Its gives a neutral makeup look a classy finish
- It's not that chalky (but apply chapstick before applying this)
- It's a brown burgundy color
Overall I am impressed and I will save it for next fall I am not that impressed to use it year round.
Maybeline's Broadway Bronze
I hate it, it was too chalky for me. Bottom line I tried to use my urban decay lip gloss that came with my Naked 2 pallete didn't help. Still awful.
Maybeline's Perfect Plum
- It's kind of choclatey
- It's dark but not to dark
- Good for the fall or a night out
Mayebelline The Elixir line I thought was getting lipstick but when I got home I opened it and saw lip gloss I wasn't mad I actually thought it was a cute idea, I like the packaging. I got two colors just to try it.
- It smells like bath and body works warm vanilla sugar or whatever it is called! I don’t wear bath and body works but I know that scent. And I kind of think that it is weird this gloss smells like this it makes my mouth feel like I ate some of the bath and body work product.
- I LOVE the color, it gives my lips a red tint
- It’s not extremely glossy like the cheap lip glosses you can find in the hair store that we loved when we were younger but it definitely has a shine to it.
- It has a soft look I am always scared of my lips having that chalky look. This gloss does not give your lips that look which is great
Petal Plush gets a big thumbs down
- It is a frosty pink
- It makes my lips look REALLY chalky worst then the lipstick from the hair store kind of chalky
- It's just awful
Ignore the mary kay products and the hair products that will be another post!
- First application my lashes were long 'false lashes'
- Second application my lashes became fuller
- Third application my lashes were bolder, darker fuller and more extended
Maybelline Mega Plush Volume Express
- The reason I chose this one was one the color it matches my favorite cup (my Mason jar cup, every southern girl needs one) and two the brush, I thought that with this brush it would have really extended my lashes and make them POP just a little more than an average brush. I only used two applications this, on the first one it really extended my lashes with the 2nd application my lashes appeared to be fuller, bolder and darker I love love love the combination. This can get a little clumpy though. If you are looking for something with more of a fuller effect then extending the lashes then go with this. This is not a mascara I would purchase again being I love my lashes to look big and bold all day without having to reapply reapply and reapply.
The 24 hour color tattoo by maybelline
I purchased two of these because I wanted to try something new but not go over board. I am glad I didn't go overboard because It started creasing at about four hours, then it was like "where did my eyeshadow go?" So I obviously wasn't impressed, I can take creasing but not my eyesdaow "disappearing"