Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Skin and hair renewal 2014

If there is one thing I don’t like is dry skin and dry hair. So with that being said I thought I should do a post on how to keep your skin and hair healthy or how to get your skin and hair soft again whichever one is your situation.

Sometimes before I take a shower I will apply olive oil all over my body and I will let it sit on my body for 10 minutes to an hour sometimes it depends on what all I need to get done. The longer the oil is on your body the smoother your skin will be.
Ways olive oil can benefit your skin and or how you can use olive oil:

  • ·         It can protect your skin from skin cancer
  • ·         It’s good for eczema patients
  • ·         If you mix olive oil and honey together you can apply it to a diaper rash
  • ·         Squalene is an antioxidant in olive oil that relieves dry skin. Look for lotions and moisturizers with the antioxidant.
·         You can use olive oil and salt to make a paste and apply it on your face and this helps get rid of acne. Use three tablesppons of olive and three to four tablespoons of salt mix it together until it forms into a paste apply it to your face and rinse with lukewarm water after two minutes.
·         
     Another face mask that can also be used in your hair or anywhere on your body. Is a honey and olive oil mask. Just like Olive oil honey has a lot of nutrients that’s very beneficial to your skin and hair. Use a tablespoon of honey and a tablespoon of olive oil and a tablespoon of plain yogurt and mix together apply it your face for 30 minutes and rinse with lukewarm water.

 I like to use Vaseline, shea butter or Jergens once I get out of the shower. It’s best to moisturize your skin when you have just gotten out of the shower and your skin is damp because whatever product you are using will absorb. When you apply your shea butter, lotion, Vaseline or whatever you may be using, DO NOT RUB IT IN. Maybe I have said this before and I’ll repeat myself, DO NOT RUB IT IN. It’s best to allow your skin to take it all in, when you are rubbing whatever product you are using in your skin isn’t able to absorb all of the vitamins and good stuff that the product has to soften your skin.

Hairrrrrr Timeeeee!
If your hair is dry not only winter but, spring, summer and fall then try these ideas every season.
During the colder seasons it’s good to keep your mOIListurize (a word I definitely just thought of) I included oil in moisturize because if you are natural then you know how beneficial oils can be to your hair. Oils are not only good for keeping your hair moisturized but also to help hair growth. After doing my research almost every oil does the same thing! Some oils are more beneficial check out my Natural hair products part two to see more on oils! To keep your hair soft and healthy through these cold temperatures I highly suggest a hot oil treatment at least TWICE a month with olive oil (or coconut oil.) What olive oil will do for your skin it will do for your hair, just a little faster.

To do a hot oil treatment with olive oil (or coconut oil), if you have it in a bottle or a tube just boil some hot water and transfer it to a bowl and place the bottle or tube in the bowl and check it every couple of minutes you do want the oil hot but not so hot where you can’t handle at first. Some people say you should do a hot oil treatment for 10 to 30 minutes. I say go as long as you would like, if you feel like your hair needs an hour keep the oil in your hair for an hour. To keep the oil hot so it is effective, put a shower cap over your hair and  boil more water or run hot water over a towel, once you have rung out the HOT water (be careful with that process) wrap the towel around your head. You do not have to repeat this process just leave it on your head and do what you have to do around the house. 

No comments:

Post a Comment